So, yesterday we were talking about the New Preppy, brought to us by FAY. (Previous post: http://wp.me/p2X2CO-hJ)
The look presented on the last post was one of my favorites, obviously that’s why it made it to the Top 3, but guess what? It was the third place! Meaning the forthcoming looks are even better. Ready to meet the second place?
1) Look B.
- The Coat: One word. Gorgeous. The palette is perfect for the season: red, black and gold. I’m a big fan of gold details, especially because they pump up every outfit. I mean, picture this without them. You see?
- Collar: Classic polo neck in a darker red and some black lines that force us to notice it. This shape of neck in clothing makes the anatomic neck look longer. Why? Because it forms a sort of “v” figure that lengthens the sight.
- Cuffs: Golden lines embracing the wrists. Fake bracelets. Pure deco.
- Brooch: Right in the middle of the garment. Black so you notice the center of the figure and the vertical line between the two sides of the coat. Vertical lines make the body look longer and, generally, fitter.
- Belt: Gives the illusion of a layer. Defines the waist, adding curves to the whole thing.
- Pockets: With big blocks of plain colours such as this, it’s easy to look bigger. That’s why wee need some distracters. These pockets’ purpose is to disguise the hips.
- Overture: it’s wide, so her legs look longer and thinner. Also, it’s more charming when you walk in this, because the swinging of the hips sort of shows. ; )
Pretty pretty, huh? Wait for the winner!
That was it for today, crazy diamonds! Shine all over and dream on like we all should. It creates a happy atmosphere, you know? And happy is nice. Happy is good.
Take Care. Lotta Love. Ciao!
Photos taken from: http://www.vogue.es/desfiles/otono-invierno-2013-2014-milan-fay/8245