This week’s theme was preppy, the New Preppy, the one with the Italian touch. I’m talking about FAY, of course.
This is the winner of our Top 3:
1) Look C. Palette: Black, blue, red, silver and golden.
- Overture: The line that goes all the way from the neck to the end of the skirt passes through chest, torso, waist and hips in a vertical way. This trajectory automatically makes the body look taller and thinner. The edges of both sides of the coat are marked in black so the line outstands. The effect is reinforced by the buttons, which sort of frame it.
- Neck Detail: Sort of a longer “V” neck in black velvet. The black patches are excellent to reduce the amount of blue on the chest and make it look smaller.
- Pockets: It needed some more colour. Pockets do two things: they either disguise the hips or enlarge them. In this case, they enlarge them. No pockets at all would have been a smarter choice, but then it’d be too simple. Anyway, who said large was bad?
- Why is this look the winner? Because the colour can be adapted to any context and the cut is classic. I mean, the previous coat was gorgeous as well, but you CAN’T go to a business meeting in red unless you want to be mistaken for the devil or, worst, not being taken seriously.
Time to leave, crazy diamonds! But hey! I hope now you’ve got a wider version of preppy in your minds. GO ahead and tell me what you think! ; )
Shine all over and dream on. Just for fun.
Take Care. Lotta Love. Ciao!
Photos taken from: http://www.vogue.es/desfiles/otono-invierno-2013-2014-milan-fay/8245