1) His last name is actually Lagerfeldt, but he changed it to Lagerfeld under the thought that the new version of his family name was way more commercial.
2) He was bffs with Andy Warhol.
3) He expressed interest in fashion at an early age. He’d cut out pictures from fashion magazines and criticize what his classmates wore for school.
4) Lagerfeld began his career in the industry as Pierre Balmain’s assistant, after winning the coat category of a design competition. He left three years later saying, “I was not born to be an assistant”.
5) When offered to work on Chanel, everybody told him the label was death. He took it. He believed he could make it come back. It was a challenge.
6) He didn’t really trust Stella McCartney as a designer. All he said when announced she would take his place at Chloé was: “Let’s hope she’s as gifted as her father”.
7) Lagerfeld lost 90 lbs in the name of fashion. “Vanity is the healthiest thing in life”, he claims.
What are your plans for today???
Like any IT girl‘s, I’m pretty sure Cara Delevingne‘s Friday is full of partying and an excessive amount of music!
Cara Delevingne in Burberry, Cannes 2013
Here, one of Cara’s favourite songs at the moment: 1991 by Azaelia Banks. Enjoy!
So far, my favourite look of the red carpet has been Marion Cotillard in Vivienne Westwood:
– The volume of the dress. It’s amazing how it folds and fits her body perfectly, delineating her silhouette in a way we can really appreciate the curves.
– The texture of the fabric. It’s sort of messy but it still looks expensive. It’s what I like to call relaxed chic. Also, it looks comfy, even when it probably isn’t.
– The colours. Pastel tones that go adorably with Marion’s skin. It makes you think almost immediately, “Isn’t she the sweetest?”
– The asymmetry. The tail of the dress gives quelque chose to her walking. You should try it. Short on the front and long at the back is a total enchantment!
And you? Which has been the best outfit d’après vous?
Take care, crazy diamonds! Shine all over & dream on!
Photos taken from VOGUE UK.
Cara Delevingne in Calvin Klein Collection, Cannes 2013
As we all know, Cara is a very musical person; as a matter of fact, she’s considering leaving modelling to pursuit a career in the music industry!
Here, one of the songs that makes this diva dance like crazy. Let’s follow her example ; )
1. Miranda Kerr in Michael Kors 2. Stacey Kiebler in Rachel Roy 3. Taylor Swift in J. Mendel
Photos taken from VOGUE UK