If there’s something that ALWAYS makes me feel better is fashion; more specifically, haute couture. I don’t know, it makes me think (and believe) that better times will come.
Here, I present you my medicine garments for a rainy day. These are the best looks according to myself of Vionnet’s Fall – Winter 2013/4 Haute Couture Collection.
I summarise this collection in three words: leather, pleats and majesty.
Which one’s your fave?
I know Fridays are for partying, but before we lose our senses, how about cultivating our Fashion gut? (To balance, you know?)
Alexandre Vauthier’s Haute Couture Autumn-Winter 2013/4 Collection is one of the classiest yet sexiest I’ve seen, I highly recommend you to take a look.
Its main characteristics:
- Colour Palette: Black, White, Pearl Nude
- Cuts: Skinny Jeans with a Wrapped-Around Touch, polished tailoring
- Key Concept: Wrap Around
- Adjectives: Clean, Sexy, Classy
- Attention To: See how he chooses between cleavage or legs? This way, you give your outfit an alluring touch without losing your poise.
My favourite outfits:
For years, whenever somebody said the word: “preppy”, my mind would automatically go and crash on Tommy Hilfiger’s latest collection. This isn’t something anybody could help, really; I mean, he’s been setting the parameters of “preppy” since forever. Now, however, it is different. I met FAY.
FAY is an Italian brand whose articles are what the perfect Ready-To-Wear garment should: comfy and chic.
Are you ready to meet the New Preppy?
Here, from the Ready-To-Wear Autumn-Winter 2013/14 Collection of FAY, my Top 3:
1) Look A.
- T-Shirt: The palette is composed by primary colours and anti-colours: red, yellow, blue, black and white.
- The collar is classic round, but a little too high. This means it tends to shorten the neck.
- The garment is shaped by colour blocks, which help create the illusion of layers.
- The biggest block is the white one for the torso. Careful here, white tends to make everything look bigger.
- The red block creates the illusion of a fake cleavage (the top part of the white block). A linear cleavage, which exhibits the beautiful line that goes from one shoulder to another. Here, even though this part of the body is covered, we’re obliged to see it because of the flashy colour (the strongest one on the shirt).
- The blue sleeves make the arms look leaner and longer.
- Skirt: Mostly red because red is one of the best colours ever. It denotes self-confidence. The palette changes a little, taking away anti-colours and yellow and adding green.
- The belt creates the illusion of another layer.
- The pleats open the skirt at the bottom, making the legs look thinner and longer, plus adding volume to the hips. Also, this makes them way more comfortable. Bonus: The walking becomes way charmer in this.
Convinced with the new preppy? Wait for tomorrow to meet the 2nd place!
Got to go, crazy diamonds! Shine all over and dream on because, well, you deserve it.
Take care. Lotta Love. Ciao!
Photos taken from: http://www.vogue.es/desfiles/otono-invierno-2013-2014-milan-fay/8245
Like them? Read our article on this collection HERE: http://wp.me/p2X2CO-hf